Arizona is the 6th largest state in the United States. Home to the Grand Canyon National Park, the bola tie, and the Four Corners, here are 15 fast facts about Arizona.
Fast Facts about Arizona:
- Capital: Phoenix
- U.S. State Abbreviation: AZ
- Admission to Statehood: February 14, 1912
- # State to Enter Union: 48th
- Time Zone(s): Mountain
- Nickname: The Grand Canyon State
- Largest City: Phoenix
- Number of Representatives: Nine
- Bird: Cactus wren
- Flower: Saguaro cactus blossom
- Professional Sports Teams: Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix Suns, Arizona Cardinals, Arizona Coyotes, and the Phoenix Mercury
- Demonym: Arizonian
- Border States: California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah
- Population (2020): 7,278,717; Rank: 14 of 50
- Motto/Slogan: Ditat Deus (God Enriches)
Want to learn more? Check out these 15 Facts about Colorado.
Also, go ahead and share some facts about Arizona that we might have missed below in the comments.